3 Daily Tips - Post #3
But first: Proof of the face mask from yesterday 😅
Sleep is so important to the proper function of our bodies. I always try to go to bed by 11 pm, rarely have I been able to really stick to that. These days I find myself asleep by 10 pm and waking up at 6 am. I wake up refreshed and ready to start the day. Of course there are times during the day that I am ready to take a nap, so when that happens, I drink a glass of water and then go into bed. Sometimes I sleep and other times I watch a show or documentary but I try to turn off my brain and let it rest as well.
Keeping on a sleep schedule these days is super important for everyone. It isn't healthy to sleep the days away but it is also unhealthy to stay up to the wee hours of the morning. Even if you are temporarily unemployed, don't have kids and don't have a dog to walk and you find yourself waking up super late, set an alarm for bed time and wake up, your body will thank you sooner than you think.
Here are some face exercises to help take away the creases from the night's sleep and from spending hours staring at our phones, televisions, computers and even books :)
Here is an excellent set of exercises to help strengthen the glute muscles that we are sitting on mostly these days.
First find a comfortable place to lie on your side, head resting on your arm, knees bent and stomach engaged:
1. Clam-shells - heels stay together, top knee rotates upward without the rest of your body falling back - 10x
2. Bent leg lift - same position just lift the whole leg up in the bent position - 10x
Legs straight, stomach engaged:
1. Straight leg lift - try not to hike up your hip and not to lift the leg too high - 10x
2. Straight leg circles - point your top foot lift up and draw circles with your leg (movement in the hip not knee or ankle) 10x in each direction
3. Bottom leg lifts - keep the top leg elevated, lift up the bottom leg so your knees touch, not the toes - 10x
4. Double leg lift - straighten the lower arm, top arm in outstretched along your top leg, while lifting up your legs, reach towards your knee with the top arm. 10x
Switch sides and repeat :)
I incorporate them into every workout I do, these days its part of my daily morning routine:
We have been told that it's essential for staying healthy. It has antioxidants that support our body's immune system, it helps encourage the production of certain white blood cells which help protect the body against infection. Vitamin C is an essential part of the skin’s defense system. It’s actively transported to the skin, where it can act as an antioxidant and help strengthen the skin’s barriers which protect us from the harmful pathogens traveling around in the air.
So where can you get your daily dose of Vitamin C?
So get your daily dose of Vitamin C, enough quality sleep and make sure to move your bodies.
Catch you all tomorrow.